Tuesday, April 5, 2011

At Sea

We have been at sea for 4 days since leaving the Seychelles and are no longer in pirate waters, leaving the Arabian Sea, we are now in the Mozambique Channel.  Yesterday the sea was like glass, but today it’s very rough.  I have been sick for several days (not seasick) and are on  antibiotics.  My luck, I have gone 2 ½ months feeling great and just when I’m to go on safari, I get sick.  However, I am much better today and will, hopefully, remain so throughout our excursion.  Our safari will last 5 nights & 6 days.  We get off the ship in Mozambique and fly to Johannesburg where we will transfer to a smaller plane to take us to Kruger Airport.  We will be picked up and driven to Perry's Bridge Hollow.  We stay there only 1 night then go on a 4 hour tour/drive to Simbambili where we will be for 4 nights.  From there we fly to Cape Town and rejoin the ship on the 11th. We have been looking forward to this for about 25 years.  We are not taking the computer so will be unable to write in my blog for about 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment