Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Birthday


Once again I was up at 6:00 to take a picture of the sun rising on my birthday.  It was a lovely sunrise to start the day.  This will be our last day at sea before reaching the Seychelles.  My day was pretty quiet…worked out, had breakfast with friends, went for a swim, then lunch, went to one of the discussion groups then back to our cabin.  Being my birthday, I dressed up for dinner knowing that there would be about 8 of us at the table. 
Friends Andrea & Mark would meet us in the lounge at the top of the ship for a drink before dinner.  I expected Barbara & David and Anna & Joaquin (our friends from Spain) to join us at our table.  To my surprise, Gary had arranged a fabulous party for me in Sabatini’s, one of the two paying  restaurants on the ship.



Everyone was there along with friends Lance & Bill, Sonia, Carole and the Hotel Manager, Michele, who had become a good friend.  I was totally surprised!  Gary did an incredible job of decorating the room and arranging everything, from choosing the hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, the pasta, and entrée to the dessert.  Everyone gave presents that they had bought in various ports from Mumbai to Oman.  Even Chef Antonio and Maitre D’ Francisco stopped in.  It was the most wonderful evening and one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment